Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SHOCKING!!!

Directly from YouTube!


Open Letter to the Editor-in-Chief of the Star newspaper

Attn: Datuk Wong Chun Wai

On October 11th the Star published a very biased article against me, claiming that I said that I will sacrifice some of my colleagues so that I can be appointed to the Cabinet if Im elected President.

Your reporter and editorial team went all out to put words in my mouth and to paint me as a power hungry man.

In good faith I asked for a correction from your newspaper, which you agreed to do the next day.

However to my disappointment on October 12th you published an article saying that I claimed that my statement was taken out of context.

I wish to be very clear. I never made the sacrifice statement.

Your newspaper should have issued an apology for putting words in my mouth.

Datuk Wong Chun Wai, a man of your experience and knowledge would already have known the President of MCA always has the prerogative to submit a list of the ministers and deputy ministers from his party to the Prime Minister. This does not make the MCA President a power hungry man.

Very fortunately, knowing your editorial teams bias my campaign team recorded the interview on camera to ensure your honesty.

This video will show how the reporter attempted to make me seem power hungry but was instead given a free lesson on the Malaysian political process.

I have uploaded this video to Youtube for all Malaysians to see.

This blatant attempt to discredit a candidate not aligned to your political masters is the same reason why I fought against the Nanyang takeover.

I am certain many Malaysian's share in my disappointment with the lack of journalistic integrity displayed by your newspaper.

Dato Chua Jui Meng
( MCA Presidential Candidate 2008 )

Compare this to the original article

Jui Meng: I'm not at a disadvantage
KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Chua Jui Meng (pic) feels he is not at a disadvantage in being out of the Cabinet when contesting for the MCA presidency.

However, the former Health Minister said that if he becomes party president, he has the prerogative to suggest names from the MCA to be appointed as ministers.

One of the names would be his.

“I will not ask for one (Cabinet post) but I will name myself as one (Cabinet minister) to the Prime Minister in my capacity as president.

“I don’t have to ask anybody about this,” said the 64-year-old former party vice-president.

Chua is confident that there would be Cabinet reshuffle after the party elections on Oct 18. He is facing Transport Minister Datuk Ong Tee Keat in his second attempt at the top post.

He said he would sacrifice some of his colleagues if they lost in the elections to make himself a full minister.

“That is the right of the president to decide who the ministers and deputy ministers are (from the party),” he told The Star.

Chua said that being knowledgeable, senior and experienced were his strengths in vying for the party presidency.

“I believe the members recognise that a candidate needs Cabinet seniority, experience and depth of knowledge when dealing with the senior members of the Cabinet, many of whom are from Umno,” he said.

Chua, who is unperturbed that certain quarters in the party had written him off as a “has been”, said he was confident of making a comeback.

“Weren’t (Tun) Dr Mahathir (Mohamad) and (Datuk Seri) Abdullah Ahmad Badawi referred to as leaders of the past?

“Wasn’t (Datuk) Shahrir (Abdul Samad) referred to in the same tone? (Datuk Seri Dr) Rais Yatim?

“Obviously, all these people came back from the cold,” he said.

1 comment:

shltplnk said...

I cant believe this reporter is so stupid!! It was nice of Dato Chua Jui Meng to be so patient and give her a lesson in politics! I understand the process, give me a job at The Star now! I will make senior reporter in weeks if they are all that stupid =)

The journalist's lack of political knowledge and integrity led to Dato' Chua Jui Meng being misrepresented in The Star newspaper. You would think the Editor-In-Chief would pick up such a school girl error before publication.